Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Global Aviation Award Terms & Conditions
UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) is launching a US$1,000,000 Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Global Aviation Award (Award) to recognize the contribution of individuals and organizations towards the advancement of the aviation industry. This award consists of 6 categories which are described under ‘About Awards’. Once in three years, this triennial awards program looks for a consistent, demonstrate-able internationally recognized achievements. 4 of the Award categories are established by the data obtained directly from the organizations that have been measuring the pertinent Indicators for a long time. The nominations / submissions for the remaining 2 categories i.e. ‘Aviation Personality of the Triennium’ and ‘Innovation’ may be made between 15th September 2018 and 31st March 2019. The Award ceremony will take place in September 2019 in Montreal, Canada.
Terms and Conditions
By participating in the ‘Award’ each person /entity who applies or is nominated (“Nominee”) accepts and agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions
To be eligible, a Nominee must:
- Be a citizen or entity of an ICAO member State
- Not be prohibited from participating in the Contest or receiving the Prize under applicable law
- Since the Award refers to a given triennium (2016 - 19), the actions proposed by each Nominee must relate to completed or on-going initiatives started after 1st September 2016.
- Nominees will be excluded if they are subject to any United Nation’s authorized ‘Sanctions’.
- Not be an employee or directly related to an employee of the GCAA
How to enter:
- To enter the Award Program, complete the application form and follow the instructions on the website www.SMBRAGAA.com
- All entries and attachments shall be in clearly legible English language
Conditions and Limitations:
- Limit one Nomination per submitter / nominator.
- Nominations that do not progress to the Top 10 stage or beyond will not receive notification
- Entries will not be returned.
- Submitters / Nominators will not be reimbursed for any costs incurred in connection with submitting the Application.
- General Civil Aviation Authority is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries.
- Submitters under the Innovation Award category undertake that they have:
- All intellectual property rights to all of the content of their submitted materials
- The authority to submit these materials
- Fully indemnified GCAA for all third party claims arising directly or indirectly from breach of this representation.
- Agreed that under no circumstances shall the GCAA or its management or personnel be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with the Submitters participation in this award program.
- Submitters / nominees agree to allow GCAA the use of their name and likeness in publicity without notice except where prohibited by law, which shall be duly brought into GCAA’s notice.
- The winner acknowledges that GCAA has the right to publicize and broadcast the winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Winners will be solely responsible for any and all taxes incurred by their participation in the Award and the pursuant financial earnings. GCAA will report or may withhold any individual winnings in accordance with applicable law.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to modification at any time by GCAA in its sole discretion
Conflict of interests
- The Submitters / nominators must take all measures to prevent any situation where the impartial and objective process of Award is compromised for reasons involving economic interest, political or national affinity, family or emotional ties or any other shared interest (‘conflict of interests’).
- They must inform the GCAA immediately of any situation constituting or likely to lead to a conflict of interests and immediately take all the necessary steps to rectify this situation.
- The GCAA may verify that the measures taken are appropriate and may require additional measures to be taken by a specified deadline.
Copyright © GCAA All rights reserved.
Federal Authority هيئة اتحادية